Position details and application process described below. Please contact project PI Dr. Alex Alexiades at Alexiades_a@heritage.edu with questions about the position and application process. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Project Coordinator Engagement Achievement and Graduation for Low$B!>(BincomE Students (EAGLES)
This position will provide project support for Heritage University$B!G(Bs and Portland State$B!G(Bs NSF Scholarships in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics award entitled $B!H(BEngagement Achievement and Graduation for Low$B!>(BincomE Students (EAGLES): A Partnership in STEM Education.$B!I(B The coordinator$B!G(Bs primary responsibilities will include managing day$B!>(Bto$B!>(Bday project demands, assistance with EAGLES scholar recruitment, gathering and maintaining data on scholarship recipients and project outcomes, assisting with recruitment at the HU campus, collaboration with the PSU Project Coordinator on maintaining contact with and assessment of student scholarship recipient progress, assisting with preparation for summer workshops, coordinating travel and stipends for events and outside personnel, compiling information on potential student research and/or outreach projects. The coordinator will assist the EAGLES principal investigator and co$B!>(Bprincipal investigators in various project activities, scheduling meetings, transcribing meeting notes, and completing budget, progress, and other reports for HU and NSF, website maintenance, answering HU and public queries about the program. Qualified applicant might be asked to teach undergraduate level STEM courses in an Affiliate or Adjunct Faculty capacity (with additional compensation).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Represents Heritage University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students, YCACH partners, and other community members. Learns and adheres to the operating practices and policies of the Center and Heritage University.
2. Upholds the Heritage University Mission Statement.
3. Handles confidential information with tact, discretion and in compliance with FERPA regulations.
4. Assist Associate Professor and the co$B!>(BPIs with the weekly administration of the EAGLES project. Facilitate the activities of EAGLES scholars and the relationship with Portland State University.
5. Administer EAGLES S$B!>(BSTEM scholar recruitment program, e.g., coordinating advertising and answering queries from potential applicants
6. Set up meetings, e.g., determine participant availability and reserve space
7. Make travel arrangements and reimbursements for EAGLES faculty and senior personnel
8. Purchase supplies (with PI approval)
9. Facilitate community partnerships and internships
10. Complete program accounting/budgeting and submit reports to HU and NSF
11. Attend EAGLES meetings and take notes for distribution
12. Assist in the development and submission of progress reports to NSF
13. Prepare EAGLES program information for internal and external distribution
14. Assist in EAGLES website development and conduct regular posting and maintenance
15. Prepare EAGLES correspondence for PI and co$B!>(BPIs
16. Work with the PI, data analyst, and external evaluator in assessing the program$B!G(Bs effectiveness and completing the annual progress report.
Required Experience and Skills:
1. Minimum of B.S. or B.A. degree (Master$B!G(Bs or PhD preferred)
2. Two years of work experience, preferably some involving program management
3. Excellent writing and speaking abilities
4. Strong interpersonal skills for working in teams
5. Excellent computing skills, e.g., word processing and spreadsheet analysis
6. Working knowledge with various field and laboratory equipment
7. Teaching experience in undergraduate STEM courses preferred
8. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
9. Successful completion of significant coursework or a minor in diversity inclusion leadership and intercultural competency (preferred).
10. Familiarity with HU$B!G(Bs or higher education administrative procedures (preferred).
APPLICATION INFORMATION AND DEADLINE Applications should include the following:
* Cover Letter
* List of References (names, email addresses & phone numbers of 3-5 current professional references).
* Transcripts (copies acceptable for initial screening)
* HU Employment Application Click here for link to HU Employment application
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply, please email application material to: Humanresources@heritage.edu or Heritage University Office of Human Resources 3240 Fort Road Toppenish, WA 98948