The Cary Institute of Ecosystem Studies in Millbrook NY is now accepting applications for the summer 2019 REU program in “Translational Ecology”! Thank you for sharing this information with students who may be interested!
Application deadline: January 25, 2019 Midnight
Dates: May 20 to August 9, 2019 (12 weeks)
Eligibility: Undergraduate freshmen, sophomores, juniors or first semester seniors. Must be citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. or its possessions. Underrepresented minorities and first generation college students are encouraged to apply.
Stipend: $6,600 stipend, plus a $900 food allowance and free on-campus housing.
Other support: Assistance is available for travel to and from the program as well.
Research projects for the summer of 2019 include:
· Eavesdropping Behavior and Social Information Use in Songbirds
· Competitive Dynamics Between Invertebrate and Vertebrate Scavenger Guilds
· Ecosystem Regulation of Mosquitoes and Disease Risk
· The Role of Natural Enemies in Governing Symbiotic Nitrogen Fixation
· Effects of Global Change on Streams of the Northeastern US
· Hudson River Habitats in a Changing World
· Ecological Change in the Sky Lakes on the Shawangunk Ridge
· Lake Management and Recreational Fisheries in Coupled Human-Natural Ecosystems
· Ecology of Urban Streams/High School Student Mentoring
For more information about the Cary Institute, visit http://www.caryinstitute.org/
For more information about the program, contact Aude Lochet, REU program coordinator (email@example.com)