Miami University (in Oxford, OH) is excited to announce that we are now accepting applications to our Research Experience for Undergraduates. The program is focused on Ecology in Human Dominated Landscapes. We would appreciate it if you could distribute this e-mail to anyone that might be interested and encourage your undergraduate students to visit our website and apply. Below there is a short synopsis of the program activities and contact information for students that may be interested in the program.
Thank you for your time,
Graduate Program Assistant
EcoREU Program, Miami University
Undergraduate students accepted into the program will:
- Conduct an independent research project with a faculty mentor at Miami University. Research opportunities are available in the lab or field in aquatic or terrestrial environments.
- Discuss current literature related to their projects with faculty mentors and student peers in clusters related to their project.
- Attend team-building field trips around the regional Midwest.
- Take short courses on ethics and professions in ecology and environmental science, and interact with seminars by guest speakers.
- Participate in field trips illustrating the natural history of Southwestern Ohio.
For more information about our program please visit our website at:https://sites.google.com/a/miamioh.edu/ecoreu/home. Click on the Application tab at the top of the page and follow the instructions to apply. Please contact Patrick Garrett at email@example.com with any problems, questions, or concerns you may have about our program or the application process.