Subject: Seasonal Research assistant-Entomology: UW-Madison
We are recruiting a research assistant to help with various projects in the Guédot fruit crop entomology lab. Depending on the needs of a given project, the research assistant would help with field and lab work on Spotted-Wing Drosophila, Japanese Beetle, Cranberry Flea Beetle, Brown Marmorated Stink bug, and developing pollinator gardens for cranberry pollinators. For more information on our lab please visit:
The position is for 40 hrs/week from May-August ($10/hr) with occasional weekend and long days as dictated by the research demands.
Start and end date are negotiable.
· Interest in entomology, agriculture, and/or ecology
· Clean driving record and ability to drive automatic trucks & vans
· Dependability and flexibility in daily schedule as fieldwork may require early mornings/late days
· Ability to do physical and repetitive work, including microscopy, fruit/specimen dissections, and insect identifications
· Ability to take the lead and troubleshoot in the field, while working as a team and assisting on other projects as needed
Please contact Jacob Henden at email@example.com with a résumé/CV and a brief statement explaining how these projects align with your interests and qualifications. Please note any schedule constraints.
Application deadline is March 19th. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.