Graduate student recruitment, Tucker lab at UNC-Chapel Hill

I’m currently recruiting 1-2 students for PhD positions in my lab (carolinemtucker.com) in the Department of Biology at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.

The Tucker lab works on a broad range of questions under the umbrella of community ecology, especially functional and phylogenetic approaches to ecology, mechanisms for multispecies coexistence, and the interaction of species traits, the environment, and coexistence. Students should be interested in developing projects using aquatic microcosms of zooplankton communities. There is flexibility in terms of projects and students are strongly encouraged to develop their own projects and research directions within the lab=92s general area of work.

It is desirable for students to have previous research experience, some coding experience (R, etc.), and some undergraduate level math and/or statistics training.=20

Chapel Hill offers world-class research opportunities with a good (and relatively inexpensive) quality of life. Chapel Hill, along with Durham and Raleigh, forms the Research Triangle region of NC, which attracts a diverse group of people and cultures. Chapel Hill has a warm climate with mild winters, is within hours of both mountains and the Atlantic Ocean, and is home to a great diversity of flora and fauna.

Interested students should contact me first to discuss research interests and qualifications. Please email me at carolinetucker@unc.edu and tell me a little about your past research experience and interests, as well as your GPA & GRE scores, CV, and any other relevant information.