Subject: Forest technician for drone inventory operations
Treeswift builds robots and algorithms to collect, produce, and manage complex forest data. Using uniquely customized drones, we fly underneath forest canopies to capture data that were previously impossible to collect. We are looking for part-time forest technicians to assist in drone operations starting June 2021 in Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia. As a visual observer, you will support cutting-edge forest inventory methods built on robotics and AI.
– Promote situational awareness of the operating area as a visual observer before, during, and after flight operations.
– Communicate risk-management information as an integrated component of the operating team.
– Navigate across forest terrain for up to 10 hours / day.
– Record visual assessments and make physical measurements of tree and plot-level characteristics.
Desired Experience and Abilities
– Ability to travel independently within Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia.
– Interest in managing and visualizing geospatial data sets.
– A part 107 remote pilot certificate is not required.
Initially we expect approximately 40 hours of work for one week in June with the possibility to continue for future operations. You are invited to apply by June 1 for immediate consideration. We will also consider applications that are received after this date as there are opportunities for growth with Treeswift in future projects throughout 2021. Send us a resume or CV and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position to email@example.com.
Treeswift is dedicated to building a community who embraces diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. We are an equal opportunity employer.