Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 16:07:14
Subject: Jobs: USGS Spatial Ecologist Positions (GS-9/11 – Sagebrush & Sage-grouse)
The USGS-Fort Collins Science Center is looking to hire several qualified spatial ecologists to join their productive research team working on sage-grouse and sagebrush ecosystem ecology in GS-9 or GS-11 roles.
JOB DESCRIPTION: As a Biologist within the Fort Collins Science Center, you would be working closely with Dr. Cameron Aldridge and the broader research team at USGS and Colorado State University.
– Participating in the planning and execution of complex studies and investigations concerning biological processes that affect ecosystems, with a focus on sagebrush ecosystems.
– Performing data analysis and writing reports to carry out portions of larger biological science investigations of wildlife resources and their habitat conditions.
– Recommending minor modifications to program objectives and associated documentation in accordance with established program directives.
– Gathering, organizing, and interpreting a wide variety of biological data, especially spatial data, with other information pertinent to scientific studies or investigations.
– Developing and maintaining computer databases and spatial datasets; and gathering, analyzing, tabulating and summarizing scientific, programmatic, and/or budgetary data.
A full description of the opportunity can be found here: https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usajobs.gov%2FGetJob%2FViewDetails%2F577075200&data=02%7C01%7Cpat.anderson%40uconn.edu%7C98fc1cde8d074b97280908d84b32f988%7C17f1a87e2a254eaab9df9d439034b080%7C0%7C0%7C637342029616015626&sdata=UNKgmOND9QBYjoo5%2BvsIvxsvG898KxedBr4tGNitBig%3D&reserved=0
Application Deadline: September 7, 2020.