Oklahoma State University
We are seeking a research technician to assist with a study examining habitat quality and restoration success of wet meadows in central Nebraska. Duties include conducting vegetation surveys, collecting belowground invertebrates, recording environmental data, and sorting and identifying invertebrates. This project will provide ample opportunity to gain knowledge about wet meadow plant and invertebrate identification, wet meadow ecology, and the impacts of conservation efforts. Our research will also provide opportunities to expand oneÃƒÂ¢Ã‚Â€Ã‚Â™s professional network as we will regularly work with conservation organizations, state and federal agencies, and private landowners involved in Platte River management and restoration. Skills gained through this position will be widely applicable and will provide an opportunity for undergraduates (or recent graduates) to expand their rÃƒÂƒÃ‚Â©sumÃƒÂƒÃ‚Â©. Prior experience with vegetation/habitat sampling and invertebrate identification is desired. A valid driverÃƒÂ¢Ã‚Â€Ã‚Â™s license is required. Open until filled. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
The Platte River Crane Trust in Central Nebraska (near Grand Island).
$12.00/hour (Housing provided)
1. A positive work ethic- this position will involve working full days in the field.
2. An interest in habitat assessment and conservation.
3. The ability to relocate to the Platte River Crane Trust (near Grand Island, Nebraska) throughout the summer.
4. Comfortable working in the outdoors- e.g. field sites may be hot, water-logged, abundant with insects, etc.
5. Applicants pursuing a degree in Ecology, Biological Sciences, or other related fields are preferred; but not required.
Start date is negotiable with training occurring mid-May and data collection beginning June 1st. Data collection will continue until mid-August (target date for completion being August 15th).
To apply, please send cover letter, CV or rÃƒÂƒÃ‚Â©sumÃƒÂƒÃ‚Â©, and at least three references to email@example.com. The application deadline is March 1st, 2020.
Oklahoma State University is an EEO E-Verify employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.