Job Opportunities at SESYNC – Systems Administrator and Data Scientist – Deadline Nov. 22nd
Please share among your networks that the National Socio-Environmental Synthesis Center (SESYNC) in Annapolis, MD, is seeking to fill positions on our Cyberinfrastructure (CI) and Data Science (DS) Teams–a Systems Administrator and Data Scientist.
The Systems Administrator will provide support for all computing resources at the center and will work with SESYNC’s Cyberinfrastructure staff and researchers to assist them in deploying technology to support the mission of the center. The SESYNC Systems Administrator will help maintain the center’s IT infrastructure, research and administrative workstations, and network. Duties include:
* Designing, deploying, optimizing, and operating the technologies associated with Linux/Unix and/or Windows based servers and workstations.
* Providing operational support for Slurm cluster and assistance to end users to troubleshoot and optimize use of the resource
* Working with SESYNC cyber and data science team members to provide dedicated system administrator support for in-house and remote cyberinfrastructure and long-term projects.
For best consideration, please apply by November 22: https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sesync.org%2Fcareers%2Fsystems-administrator-0&data=02%7C01%7Cmadeline.hennessey%40uconn.edu%7C100b5ac091e04d0e2bdf08d761d933c8%7C17f1a87e2a254eaab9df9d439034b080%7C0%7C0%7C637085457818691781&sdata=7ClJIeBQnYBQn1wtI7%2Ft7PeH5%2BSl97JYNqyuPMCz9p0%3D&reserved=0
The Data Scientist will support SESYNC’s science teams and postdoctoral fellows in completing collaborative, computational data-driven socio-environmental research through data and model syntheses. Duties include:
* Working with spatial data/GIS applications
* Helping researchers understand and use time series analysis
* Identifying useful resources, designing workflows, and building custom tools, e.g., databases, prototype web apps, etc.
* Optimizing applications running on a small-scale cluster
* Advising on statistical techniques and appropriate methods
* Assessing and documenting project needs
* Participating in hands-on CI education workshops for students and researchers
For best consideration, please apply by November 22, 2019: https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sesync.org%2Fcareers%2Fdata-scientist-1&data=02%7C01%7Cmadeline.hennessey%40uconn.edu%7C100b5ac091e04d0e2bdf08d761d933c8%7C17f1a87e2a254eaab9df9d439034b080%7C0%7C0%7C637085457818691781&sdata=%2FQ8%2FVallCRJZKwuRAJfy58CH%2Br3yzzw2m8xZictYn0k%3D&reserved=0
Questions about these positions? Please email Jonathan Kramer at firstname.lastname@example.org.