The Marine Mammal Center is looking to hire a full-time Marine Science Educator. The mission of The Marine Mammal Center is to advance global ocean conservation through marine mammal rescue and rehabilitation, scientific research, and education.
The Marine Science Educator role focuses on the delivery, development, and operation aspects of education programs offered by The Marine Mammal Center. This role is based in the Marin Headlands in Sausalito, CA and regularly delivers onsite tours and programs, as well as outreach programs in schools and community-based events throughout the Bay Area. Although this role primarily serves the School and Youth Programs audience, the Marine Science Educator will occasionally deliver Guest Experience Programs. This position is supported and supervised by the Manager of School and Youth Programs and requires self-direction, initiative, and passion.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Develop fluency to teach all education programs onsite and outreach to schools
* Facilitate all youth and family programs such as overnighters and summer camp
* Support development of new marine science programs for both onsite and outreach programs
* Help build relationships with other organizations through leading school and youth programs
* Ability to be flexible and work independently and in a team setting
Qualifications and abilities include, but are not limited to:
* Bachelor’s degree in education, natural sciences, or related field
* At least 1-2 years of experience in working with school and adult groups and leading programs
* Background and/or experience in environmental education
* Ability to drive center vehicles and maintain a clean driving record
* Ability to engage and teach marine science content to ages Pre-K to adult
* Excellent customer service skills
* Must submit to and pass background check
Visit this link to read a full description of the position and further application information.
Gabriela “Bella” Reyes
Marine Science Educator | The Marine Mammal Center
415.754.4034 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Bring an inspired marine science educator to your school,
or bring your school to us! Find out more!