Silviculture and Applied Forest Ecology Lab, Iowa State University
The Silviculture and Applied Forest Ecology Lab at ISU is seeking a summer field technician to assist with vegetation sampling in beautiful northern Minnesota. The study is located on the Cutfoot Experimental Forest and addresses experimental approaches to increasing adaptive capacity of forest ecosystems to future conditions. Individuals will gain valuable field experience as well as have an opportunity to work collaboratively with researchers at ISU and the USFS Northern Research Station.
· Applicants should be pursuing or hold a degree in Forestry, Natural Resources, Ecology, Environmental Science, Biology or a similar discipline
· Skills identifying trees and shrubs are desired but not required
· Previous vegetation sampling experience is desired but not required
· Knowledge of map, compass and G.P.S. is desired but not required
· Ability to perform extensive field work in remote areas
· Ability to travel over uneven terrain
· Be able to work in inclement weather conditions (rain, high humidity, heat)
· Be willing to learn new skills
Duration: Late-May 2019 to Early-August 2019
$11.50-$13.00/hour, depending on experience. Shared lodging and transportation to and from research sites will be provided.
Please send a resume, contact information for two references, and a letter of interest to Lewis Wiechmann (email@example.com). The position will be open until filled but applications submitted prior to Friday, March 15th will be given priority.