We are reposting this spring position with a quick turnaround, please apply now or spread the word! A full job description can be found here and a brief overview is below.
The Marine Mammal Center is hiring for a new Youth Education Internship position. The mission of The Marine Mammal Center is to advance global ocean conservation through marine mammal rescue and rehabilitation, scientific research, and education.
The School & Youth Programs team within the Education Department is looking to hire someone who is enthusiastic about engaging with marine science content for ages Pre-K to adults with a primary focus on youth ages 6-12. Interns will have opportunities to explore and support high quality youth programs in formal and informal education environments. This role focuses primarily on supporting the Seals & Slippers overnight program for organized groups of youth, such as scout groups and select offerings for families. The intern will also support on at least one weekday to observe and develop resources for school programs and to focus on additional projects to further their own professional development.
Internship Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Co-lead the overnight program, Seals & Slippers, including tours, hands-on activities and guided hikes for a variety of audiences including families and scout groups.
· Organize and assist with the set up and break down of programs and program supplies.
- Answer program participant questions and help direct them during programs.
- Interpret animal’s behaviors and animal care procedures to guests.
- Work with education staff to develop resources supporting school programs.
This position is based at the Sausalito, CA facility. Visit this link to read a full description of the position and application information.
Applications will be accepted until January 24, or until the position is filled. This position is unpaid and reports to the School & Youth Programs Coordinator.
Please contact the School & Youth Programs Coordinator at 415-289-7367 or email@example.com if you have any questions about this opportunity.
Gabriela “Bella” Reyes
Marine Science Educator | The Marine Mammal Center
415.754.4034 | firstname.lastname@example.org