I will be collecting data from December 2018 until May 2019, and am looking for interns to support our project. Additional details are below, but please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions.
The Endangered Wolf Center is a non-profit wildlife facility that is dedicated to preserving and reintroducing to the wild critically endangered species of wolves. It is accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. Learn more at https://www.endangeredwolfcenter.org/
Our mission is to preserve and protect Mexican gray wolves, red wolves and other wild canid species, with purpose and passion, through carefully managed breeding, reintroduction and inspiring education programs.
Start Date: ASAP
Schedule to be determined based on availability
Minimum commitment: 3 months, but open to discuss
Location: Eureka, Missouri (near St. Louis)
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with daily food preparation and feedings of painted dogs
• Conduct daily behavioral observations of painted dogs
• Assist with monthly painted dog pup checkups (obtaining weights, physical measurements, etc.)
• Weekly camera trap maintenance (set-up, data downloads, footage review, etc.)
• Assist with other project tasks as needed
• No prior canid or data collection experience necessary – training will be provided
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must have strong interest in wildlife and natural science
• Must be willing to prepare or assist with food items (may involve carcasses or ground meat)
• Must have strong work ethic and be dependable
Submissions will be reviewed as they are received. Please submit an email explaining why you are interested in this position, your availability, and your resume to Tammy Cloutier at email@example.com.
Environmental Studies PhD Candidate
Antioch University New England
Author of Painted Dog Pursuit