Subject: ASBC Seeking Fall 2018 Interns
The American Sustainable Business Council is currently accepting applications for fall 2018 interns.
Position descriptions and responsibilities are below. If you’re interested please email a resume to email@example.com.
ASBC Fall 2018 Policy Team Internships.
Do you have a passion for sustainability? Do you want to work with forward thinking businesses? We are
looking for policy interns for the 2018 fall semester. The American Sustainable Business Council (ASBC)
is a business organization based in Washington, DC with organizational and business members from all
across the country ranging in size from national brands to local restaurants. We work on a range of
policy areas including: the high-road workplace, climate change, water quality, and safer chemicals.
We’re looking for interns to assist with research, Capitol Hill and government agency meetings, business
events, and more!
Candidates should have an interest in policy making, government relations, and business. The internship
is located at our headquarters in Washington, DC.
* Support policy team on research projects including white pages & talking points
* Attend Capitol Hill meetings & briefings
* Research and track legislation
* Engage business leaders for campaign involvement
* Draft campaign language for website & business leader education
* Track state & federal campaigns on assigned policy issues
* Support senior staff on special projects
ASBC Fall 2018 Communications Internships.
The American Sustainable Business Council (ASBC) is a business organization based in Washington, DC
with members from all across the country ranging in size from national brands to local restaurants. We
are looking for passionate, energetic, and talented communications interns to help us engage the media
and our online community around our policy priorities and activities. Your role will involve supporting our
media relations efforts, doing research for published articles and reports, and engaging with our
members and others via Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and more. Candidates should have a major in
marketing, communications, creative writing, public relations, or similar fields. The internship is located
at our headquarters in Washington, D.C
* Create social media content to support research, campaigns, and policy developments
* Analyze social media posts to assess their effectiveness and refine our strategy
* Research journalists to engage for future cultivation
* Help research and develop stories to place as features about ASBC
* Work with the ASBC policy team to bring policy depth to social media
* Help develop new strategies to engage the media and the public
* Assist with review of our current campaigns and make updates
* Support public relations at DC press events to build awareness of ASBC
If you’re interested please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.