The Gratton Lab at UW-Madison is hiring a pollinator research technician! We are looking for someone to work on a project addressing how natural habitat and pollinator plantings influence wild bee communities, nesting success, and cucumber crop yields. Positions will run early-mid June – end of Aug. Field work will take place north of Madison, WI, and will include observational pollinator surveys, pollen deposition experiments, bee nest box surveys, and assessment of cucumber crop yields. Irregular and/or long hours and weekend work may be necessary.
- Enjoy working outside for extended periods
- Interest in ecology, entomology, and/or sustainable agriculture
- Ability to learn quickly and work well independently
- Experience with field research
- Valid driver’s license with no moving violations in the past 3 years
- Available from early or mid June – August 30th
- Preferred: experience working with and identifying wild bees
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume (1 page max), and references to email@example.com by Sun, April 22nd. Positions start at $10/hour.
MSc Candidate, Agroecology and Entomology
Gratton Lab, University of Wisconsin-Madison