Research Specialist II (Stream Sampling Crew Leader), UT Martin TEMP position – 180000004A Description
The Department of Biological Sciences at the University of Tennessee at Martin is seeking a stream sampling field-crew leader for a four-month appointment. The position will support a project evaluating the effects of stream restoration on fish communities in west Tennessee.
Primary duties include:
* Supervision of two technicians under the guidance of the project’s primary investigators.
* Ensuring timely collection of data and completion of laboratory work.
* Coordinating and conducting stream habitat surveys and fish community collections.
* Maintenance and repair of field equipment as needed.
* Identifying and enumerating fish species in the field and laboratory.
* Managing an Access database, performing data entry, and data QA/QC.
* BS in biology, stream/wildlife ecology or related field (e.g., environmental sciences).
* Experience conducting stream habitat surveys and fish community collections.
* Ability to quickly learn west TN fish fauna.
* Valid driver’s license.
* Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds in mud-bottom streams.
* Ability to work long hours (~10 hours) in hot and humid field conditions.
This is a temporary, non-exempt position for approximately four months (June – September). Extension of the position is contingent on available funding. Low-cost housing (~$40/week) is available at the Reelfoot Lake Environmental Field Station or the applicant may find housing in Martin, TN. Research opportunities will be available to those interested.
Application Process: Applicants must apply online at https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/ut_martin/jobdetail.ftl?
job=180000004A&tz=GMT-06%3A00 and attach to the application the
following: a cover letter, resume, and two professional references.
Application Deadline: Position will remain open until filled and all inquiries should be directed to Dr. Blanchard or Dr. Fore via email to Dr. Blanchard (email@example.com; 731-884-7594) and Dr. Fore (firstname.lastname@example.org; 731-343-2004).
Pay Grade 36 – $12.98 per hour minimum hiirng rate, salary is comensurate with education and experience To view Annual Security & Fire Report – http://www.utm.edu/departments/publicsafety/index.php