2018 Great Lakes Summer Fellows Program
The Cooperative Institute for Great Lakes Research (CIGLR) announces the 2018 Great Lakes Summer Fellows Program, in partnership with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Great Lakes Environmental Research Lab (GLERL). The Great Lakes Summer Fellows Program exposes students to a broad range of disciplines and provides an exciting opportunity for students to conduct research in the Great Lakes region under the mentorship of a CIGLR or GLERL scientist.
- We are offering eight (8) full-time, twelve-week positions. All positions are located at the NOAA Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory (GLERL), 4840 South State Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48108.
- Positions will last for twelve weeks from the start date. The start date will be in early May, but this can be flexible (i.e., early June start) based on the selected candidate’s schedule or project needs.
- We seek to use these fellowships to increase diversity in STEM disciplines and strongly encourage applications from students who identify with groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in government and academic workforces.
- There is a stipend of $6,500 for the twelve-week period, paid in two installments of $3,250.
- The program is limited to currently enrolled undergraduate (juniors and seniors preferred) and graduate students. We will also consider post-baccalaureate or post-masters students who have graduated within the past 12 months (of your fellow position start date) if the position fits directly within a student’s career goals.
- You must be either a U.S. citizen or a foreign national who is residing in the U.S. on a current Student Visa.
- Immediate relatives of any CIGLR or NOAA GLERL employees are not eligible to participate in this program, consistent with NOAA guidelines.
Visit the CIGLR website for application & more information: ciglr.seas.umich.edu/opportunities/student-fellowships/
18 February 2018 at 11:59 PM EST