We have a last minute opportunity. Applications are due by 12/18/17. Interested individuals can apply here
Information is below:
Big Sky Watershed Corps-AmeriCorps Member-Polson, MT
Big Sky Watershed Corps is an AmeriCorps program that assists Montana’s watershed communities to make a measurable difference in local conservation efforts while strengthening the experience of young professionals. Participants focus on watershed research, planning and project implementation, watershed education and outreach, and community engagement. Big Sky Watershed Corps is offered through a partnership of Soil and Water Conservation Districts of Montana and the Montana Watershed Coordination Council.
Primary duties of the Corps Member (CM) include working with the Host Site staff to complete tasks related to project design and implementation, community outreach and education, volunteer generation and management and reporting functions. The CM works under the direct supervision of the Host Site Supervisor but also coordinates with the BSWC Program Manager to ensure successful completion of program objectives. The CM must establish and maintain a good working relationship with Host Site staff, community members and volunteers, MCC Program Manager and MCC staff.
Ideal Start Date: January 8th 2018- willing to work with the right candidate
· $561 bi-weekly living stipend
· $5,815.00 AmeriCorps education award upon completion of the program
Qualifications – Must Have
· College degree, preferably in watershed, environment, education, soil, range and agricultural sciences, or a related field
· Effective written and oral communication skills
· Valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle, ability to pass a motor vehicle records check, US Citizenship or ability to work in the US
Qualifications – Desired
· Previous watershed-related experience, fieldwork, data collection & analysis or plan development
· Previous work or volunteer experience with local stakeholder, watershed or natural resource groups
· Previous teaching or volunteer management experience
· Ability to work with and build consensus among diverse stakeholders
· Open and adaptable to new environments, different perspectives and rural communities
*Qualified individuals with disabilities and those from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. We provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals and are an equal opportunity employer.*
· The position will be based out of Polson, MT with the office being located on Flathead Lake (the largest freshwater lake west of the Mississippi). The individual will serve with the Crown Managers Partnership.
· The position will include work with a variety of stakeholders within the Crown of the Continent. There will also be GIS work, stakeholder assessments, noxious weed mapping/ID/removal, plenty of Education and Outreach and lots of other opportunity to explore personal/professional interests
APPLY HERE: http://mtcorps.org/join/big-sky-watershed-corps-conservation-internships/big-sky-watershed-corps/