Job title: Sagebrush Ecology Technicians
Organization: The Nature Conservancy
Location: Eastern Oregon Agricultural Research Center, Burns, OR
Duration: One 4.5 month full time seasonal position, one 9 month active, 3 months leave without pay term position
Target start date: July 10, 2017
Preferred hiring range: $17.93-$19.05/hr
The Nature Conservancy in Oregon seeks two Sagebrush Ecology Technicians to join our Oregon Desert Team. The Sagebrush Ecology Technicians will support innovative restoration science and conservation efforts in Southeast Oregon. They will collect field data, apply seed enhancements to native seed, assist with planting and conduct lab work to help us scale up our Precision Restoration initiative, which aims to increase successful restoration of native perennial vegetation in annual grass-prone rangelands. They will also assist with monitoring sagebrush restoration projects and data entry. More detailed information is available online, see “How To Apply,” below.
* Associate Degree in natural resources, environmental studies, or related field, OR equivalent combination of education and 6 months’ experience.
* Experience managing and prioritizing tasks from multiple sources.
* Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Multi-language skills and multi-cultural or cross cultural experience appreciated.
* Field experience in sagebrush ecosystems and knowledge of common plant species.
* Ability to identify plant species using diagnostic tools such as a dichotomous key.
* Ability to work independently and exercise independent judgment.
* Research experience in outdoor, lab, and greenhouse settings helpful.
* Ability to work effectively on a small team.
* Demonstrated ability to safely travel on primitive roads and trails.
* Time management skills.
* Ability to follow safety protocols for using small machinery, hand tools, and power tools in field and lab/shop environment.
Additional Job Information
There are two openings, both based in Burns, Oregon at the Eastern Oregon Agricultural Research Station with a target start date of July 10, 2017:
* The Sagebrush Ecology Technician – seasonal<http://bit.ly/2qgK8vt> (Job ID 45393) is a full-time, 40 hours per week, 4.5 month seasonal position.
* The Sagebrush Ecology Technician<http://bit.ly/2qfybZN> (Job ID 45394) is a full-time, 40 hours per week, 9 months active, 3 months leave without pay during winter position.
Interested applicants may apply to both positions. If you would consider either position, please apply to both, as we can only consider your candidacy for the specific job(s) you apply for.
Both positions require a valid driver’s license and compliance with the Conservancy’s Auto Safety Program. Further details can be found in the full job announcement online by following the instructions below.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, go to our careers page at www.nature.org/careers<http://www.nature.org/careers>. Click on Current Job Openings, and search job ID 45393 or 45394. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 8:59 PM Pacific Time on 5/21/2017. If you experience technical problems with the site or application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and include the Job ID.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and cultures. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientations, gender identities, military or veteran status or other status protected by law