Summers at Flathead Lake Biological Station, Montana, USA – Get Out Here!
Immersive field ecology experiences in Western Montana
Since 1899, the Flathead Lake Biological Station of the University of Montana has been offering transformative field ecology courses in spectacular western Montana. 2017 is going to be the best summer yet!
Students are already registering online at http://flbs.umt.edu/education/default.aspx.
We have nine great courses on offer in both aquatic and terrestrial realms that will be of interest to students ranging from “sophomores-to-be” (Field Ecology) to upperclassmen to early grad students. Here are some relevant pieces of info:
– many scholarships are available
– early registration discount (Deadline: January 15, 2017)
– “buddy program” discount for students who sign up together
– small classes with great faculty
– immersive learning featuring field methods as well as interactions with natural resource professionals
– two new courses for 2017: Aquatic Microbial Ecology & Drones for Water Assessment
– credits easily transferable to other colleges/universities
Students who have completed a first-year college curriculum involving biology, some chemistry, and some math are eligible for our 5-credit Field Ecology class after which they can take subsequent courses that summer. In any case, students can enroll with permission of instructor so they should contact us if they have questions. For more summer session details, see the website at http://flbs.umt.edu/education/default.aspx or access the brochure at http://flbs.umt.edu/pdfs/FLBS%20Summer%20Session%20Brochure%202017.pdf.