UConn Allyship Training Resources: (compiled by Valerie Milici)
- SHAW Recovery Ally: Trainings so that you can be an ally for those who are recovering from substance abuse disorders. 1 interactive two-hour session.
- Anti-Racism Resources; Organized by the Rainbow Center.
- Support Victim-Survivors of Sexual Violence: Offers a variety of options depending on your relationship to the survivor-victim (ex: friend, partner, faculty/staff).
- Blackboard Ally: It’s that thing that grades every document that is uploaded for accessibility. Could be useful to learn that tool so that you can really consider the documents that we are giving to students. Assuming that everything we put up is accessible because it can be downloaded may be a stretch.
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive Classrooms. Creating Inclusive Classrooms/Syllabus- The Rainbow Center - Strategies and resources for instructors
- CETL Trainings: Go here for the list of trainings for how to be a better instructor. Includes many topics; often DEI.
- Other (Find your Community @UConn):
DEI Resources Outside UConn
- Teaching resources (some being compiled by Andrew, Sam, and Franco)
- Research resources (including field work safety guidelines being developed by Austin et al.)
- Mentorship resources (Compiled by Cindy Barreto)
- #ShutDownStem folder created by Sarah Knutie with several resources, readings, and links related to diversity promotion and combat of racism
- Discovering the learning style of your students
- Getting the mentoring you need
- TED Talk: Mentorship in STEM for Social Change
- Video on mentoring for diversity and inclusion
- Tips and list of resources for Inclusive Advising
- Academic advisors and their diverse advisees (book chapter - pages 944-962)
- Tips and tools for mentoring undergraduate students as a graduate student
Outside Allyship, Antiracism, and Inclusion Resources:
- Antiracist Allyship Starter Pack
- Article on Things White People Can Do for Racial Justice
- The Atlantic: A Case for Reparations
- Add the stuff from our 21 Day Challenge: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pY-oqalAFuCpTo7yAz5RNyTsUtV95mzQ9QVK_zvUzdE/edit#gid=0
- Add Cindy's resources from google drive (mostly pdfs, not sure how to share): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qiMVY63Qr_iFBWH4qy6wyWzGINoDy9jL
- Add things like podcasts? Here's one from Invisibilia: https://www.npr.org/2021/04/20/989307753/eat-the-rich