This page provides answers to frequently asked questions concerning jobs and career advancement after completing the degree program. If you have other questions, or suggestions of additional websites, please email the program coordinator [bsms_coordinator].
Where should I look for information about jobs?
The postings on these sites changes daily as new jobs become advertised, so it is well worth bookmarking the sites that seem most relevant to you and checking them frequently.
If you are interested in specific organizations, you will find that many have their own job boards. For instance, to check out jobs at The Nature Conservancy (TNC), click here.
If there are specific types of jobs or locations that you’re interested in then let me know as various people send me announcements.
What kinds of jobs have graduates from the program received after leaving?
Although the B.S./M.S. program is still young, former students have gone on to obtain a wide variety of positions. These include:
- Science Center of Connecticut (as an environmental educator)
- Connecticut Ag Station (invasive species work)
- Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (wildlife biologist)
- Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection (wildlife biologist)
- Teach for America
- Vet school
- UConn Office of Environmental Policy
- Mystic Aquarium (exhibits staff)
- Yale University (research coordinator in wildlife epidemiology lab)