Advancing Green Infrastructure and Living Shoreline Approaches for Coastal Resilience in Massachusetts
The Massachusetts Office of Coastal Zone Management (CZM) is working with the Waquoit Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve and other partners in New England to expand implementation of green infrastructure and living shoreline approaches to increase coastal resilience to erosion, flooding, and storm impacts. Waquoit Bay Reserve seeks an intern with strong writing and organizational skills to support community outreach efforts.
The Coastal Resilience Intern will:
- Develop a StormSmart Properties fact sheet that defines green infrastructure and living shoreline approaches for coastal resilience, and
- Assist with planning and hosting workshops for local officials and consultants on living shoreline best practices and regulatory considerations.
Waquoit Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve
131 Waquoit Highway, Waquoit, MA 02536
Staff will supervise the intern and ensure the outreach products utilize content developed through the regional effort and are tailored to the needs of the Commonwealth’s coastal communities.
Compensation: College Graduate/Graduate student: Up to $19.00 per hour. Must be enrolled in a Degree seeking program.
The Coastal Resilience Intern must have an interest in coastal management and strong writing and organizational skills. In addition, the candidate should have an:
- Academic background in environmental science, geology, biology, marine science, coastal engineering, natural resource management and policy, sustainability, or a related field;
- Familiarity with coastal resilience and climate change adaptation;
- Experience in planning meetings and events;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; and
- Ability to work 20 hours a week from June through December.